Friday, September 30, 2011

The "F" Word, It's Not What You Think!


The “F” word is not what you think!!!!! Today’s “F” word is “flexible” and today for me, being flexible equaled “family”, “food” and “fun”. This isn’t going to be a long entry. It’s really just a reminder that sometimes it’s important to be flexible. I wasn’t expecting to get a call today inviting me to lunch with my sister, niece and daughter, but when it came, I decided to be flexible and make some schedule adjustments and go for it! I’m so glad I did, I am so thankful for the moments today with those special women in my life.

Being flexible doesn’t come easily for some, I’m the type of person who will say yes if you call me to have a milkshake at the 24 hour diner at midnight, but I know people who can’t do a midnight run unless it’s on their calendar. I recommend that if you’re a personality type that doesn’t do flexible easily, you try and stretch yourself occasionally in that area, it often results in some really awesome moments that matter. Also, I have learned over the years that an over packed schedule doesn’t always allow for much flexibility (and has a lot of other drawbacks too, but that’s for another blog), so I make sure I allow open time in my schedule, it really makes a difference in how flexible I can be.

Off to enjoy some family time with another sister, another daughter and a new great nephew and his brother and mother. Today’s “F” word is also family and I just don’t seem to be able to get enough of it.

Does being flexible come easily for you? When has being flexible paid off in your life, please share!




This is my sweet sister and niece













Me and my daughter

3 comments:

  1. Great job finding meaning behind all of those "F" words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fun and flexibility with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Great you are keeping up here Jenn, and Lisa I really appreciate you checking the blog out. Jean encouraged me to do. It's not up to your caliber, but I'm enjoying it for now. Appreciate your feedback and ideas anytime.

    ReplyDelete